Saturday, February 19, 2011

Hot Chicken Salad from the woman that taught me how to cook ~ My Mom!

Some of my earliest childhood memories are of cooking with my mom. She has so many fantastic recipes, this is one of many to come. Thanks for being my inspiration Momma!
 







Ingredients:

4 large boneless/skinless chicken breasts, baked and cut into bite-size pieces
1-1/2 cup chopped celery
1 cup slivered almonds
4 tsp. grated onion
1 tsp. Accent
1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
2 cups Kraft Mayo

Ingredients for Topping:

2 cups grated Monterey Jack Cheese
1 cup crushed Corn Flakes moistened with 2 tbsp. melted butter

Directions:

Mix the above and place in oblong baking pan

1)Spread the cheese on top and then the corn flakes mixture
2) Bake at 400  for approx. 1/2 hour uncovered  (till lightly browned and bubbly)
3)Serve alone or on a croissant with romaine lettuce and/or grapes and your favorite chips!


One of my favorite things about this chicken salad is the topping! Crunchy corn flakes, butter and cheese make this sooo delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment